Sunday, November 29, 2009

Writing Qualities I Need To Work On

Writing to me has not really been the kind of writing I have to do in RHET 1302. I usually write for fun (like poetry or lyrics), research papers, or literary analysis. I have not necessarily written an essay where I stake my claim and support it with rhetorical strategies, though I have composed a thesis statement and supported it with evidence from a passage. I know I need to work on my sentence structure and diction; sometimes I have run-ons, bad grammar, or bad word choice and usage. Besides that, I am not very good at staying focused on my writing so my paragraphs might be sketchy or disjointed. When I am "in the zone" to write, I can surprisingly write quite a bit (but unfortunately that is very rare). I need to strengthen my writing style and my claim supports as well. I seem to have a hard time gathering my thoughts, focusing on my work, and creating an outline. Once I have my outline I can work better on my essay, though sometimes it's hard to think about what to write. Since I have evaluated my writing qualities, I can now develop my skills as a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.