I have planned on going into the dental field after college, so I chose to write about the Sugar Tax for the Visual Literacy essay. I wrote a 4,000 word paper over the summer of my junior year of high school over the effect of energy drinks and sugar on teeth, so this topic interested me since I can relate to it. I have always been interested in science and I took Biology II my senior year of high school. I know about how sugars, enzymes, and carbohydrates work inside the body.
Sugar is a constant and ongoing problem not only today’s youth, but with everyone. People will excessively consume drinks with ridiculous amounts of sugar in them, whether they know it or not. As for me, I go for the healthy choices and mainly drink water, though I don’t mind having a soft drink a few times a week. I find the crazy amounts of sugar people intake everyday horrifying. Why would someone subject himself to such malnutrition? Health plays an important part in my life because I am always on top of my hygiene and I pay attention to others’. A sugar tax would be beneficial to the society in ways of the economy and health.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.