Life without media? Today, we would all think it would be impossible. Why? Probably because we mainly rely on technology and the media for everyday things like weather, the news, or social networking. As for me, I am on the Internet constantly, always connecting with friends and staying in touch with news and music. I am very fond of websites like Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter; I check them all the time. I guess I have become dependent on using those devices to contact others besides talking in person or over the phone. I barely talk on the phone anyway; I usually stick to texting.
Without digital media, we would still use newspapers and basic TV channels as our source of information. In this age, we would use more pen, paper, and landline telephone lines as forms of communication rather than cell phones and computers. Usually when I do homework, I will use a computer for quick accessibility to research and reference; without these I would probably go to a library and use several volumes of encyclopedias. Today, activities like those seem pretty outdated, but the resources are still available. I think I would be okay in a life before digital media because there was once a point in time void of technology and people still got along in their lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.