Tuesday, December 1, 2009
How I can move society beyond its racial history
I think modern society keeps too much of its history with itself. Yes, we all know who the historical figures are who made a difference, but what do we do with that information? We always hear “let history never repeat itself.” Any educated person will agree to such a concept, yet will have no interest in maintaining society’s future history. A society does not need to rely on its past to move forth, in my opinion, but better yet needs to rely on improvements it can make. In all honesty the society today is more corrupt than ever and I have no doubt that it will never improve. Racism has always been a part of life; humans are judgmental beings. Slavery and discrimination has left a giant scar on the face of our nation, and those blemishes cannot simply be forgotten about. I would like to know of a way to move this nation out of its hole, but I do not believe there is a way to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.