Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Best Movie Criteria

Making criteria for what makes a good film seems a bit difficult. These are the guidelines that I chose: quality of actors, appearance, rating, reaction, quality of inspiration, humor, plot, and action. The movie I will set as the nominee for best picture is Donnie Darko (2001). The acting in the movie was exceptional; nothing seemed fake or forced. The film was set a decade or so before it was released, giving it the old-timey-but-not-quite feel. It is rated R for language and scary scenes; I find this much more appealing than rated R movies that have blood, gore, heavy language, and explicit sexual content just to be there. My reaction to the movie was that of being stunned; I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was really inspirational and thought-provoking. The humor was not overdone and bland, but rather witty. The plot was twisting, and contained flashbacks, which cause the viewer to think well about what is going on. The action in the movie was not lacking, but it was not prominent either. Either way, it kept me on the edge of my seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.